SN100C is a lead-free solder alloy developed by Nihon Superior in Japan. It is comprised of tin-copper-nickel + germanium, and does not contain silver or bismuth.
– Smooth, bright, well-formed fillets, free of micro-cracks, irrespective of the cooling rate
– Good through-hole penetration and topside fillet formation
– Low rate of copper leaching makes it easy to control the copper contents of the solder bath
– Lower aggressiveness to stainless steel and other solder pot materials as compared to tin-silver-copper alloys
– Slow, even growth of the inter-metallic layer at the solder/substrate interface